Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Bumble Bee Baby Shower!

Along with a ton of help from Andy and Mom T, we recently threw a baby shower in honor of my sister-in-law, Kylie who is expecting her first baby at the end of September (yayy!). They are not finding out the gender, so when we decided to have a shower the theme was important to keep in mind. After a little internet-inspiration, I decided to go with a bumble bee theme. It would be perfect in Summer, fun to work with, and yellow and white with pops of color. It turned out great!

Below I have some of the foods that were made. As recipes are posted I will link them here, so check back if you're interested!
 Cake pops and a diaper cake - I'm glad the sign came out so well! 

 Some homemade ricotta and store-bought fig jam dress up some toasted bread slices. Off to the right is some homemade honey butter (whip together 1 stick softened butter with 2 tbsp. honey) with honey from the Brewer's Farmer's Market.

 In the front are mini crab cakes with lemon dill sauce. On the 3-tiered platter there are chicken curry puffs and crab stuffed mushrooms.

 Caprese salad skewers (no recipe needed, just skewer basil, tomato, and mozzarella bites), bee cake pops, and spinach artichoke dip with crackers. (You can see some tissue paper poms and yellow chinese lanterns in the background - had to throw polka dots in there somehow).

 Panzanella - one of my go-to favorites!

 The whole table with the diaper cake centerpiece! I think I could make those for a living, they are so fun to put together and decorate, albeit a little time consuming :o)

 Red velvet bee cake pops - inspiration from bakerella!



1 comment:

  1. A Bumble Bee Baby Shower! It looks way too cute. Thanks my dear for sharing the photo sets here. I am also involved in the planning of a cousin’s baby shower that will be hosted soon at one of the local Chicago venues. I am sure that it is going to be quite enjoyable and on specific budget.

    ReplyDelete